Red Funnel is the original Isle of Wight ferry company with a history spanning 150 years. Today, we're a modern, integrated transport, travel and leisure company carrying over 3 million passengers and freight every year, between Southampton and the Isle of Wight.
With several key projects in place, ensuring the growth of our Fleet department, we’re now looking for a Technical Superintendent to join us in monitoring and delivering vessel performance and all aspects of our Technical Operation.
The ideal candidate will have a strong engineering background relevant to the Marine Industry, having spent time at sea in a shipboard Managerial Position. This role would be particularly suited to someone with shore-based experience, or recent Senior Position onboard a vessel looking to take that first step ashore.
As Technical Superintendent you will report directly to the Head of Technical Services and your role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Ensuring the Safe Operation and Maintenance of our Fleet of Ro-Ro Car Ferries and adherence to MCA and Legislative Requirements.
- Driving Marine and Engineering Standards onboard your assigned vessels.
- Providing shore-based support to the Onboard Executive Team with Technical and Operational Matters.
- Repairs, Annual Refits and Dry Docking; ensuring work is specified accurately, communicated effectively and completed on time, within budget and company standards.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Minimum of an STCW95 III/2 Class 2 Engineer Officer Certificate of Competency (or equivalent).
- A good working knowledge of the maintenance requirements of medium speed diesels and their associated electro-hydraulic systems.
- Experience in the Ferry environment, where you are used to the fast pace and intense management of the day to day operational capability of the vessels and delivering a great Passenger Experience.
- To be able to diagnose and rectify faults in a wide range of machinery and control systems.
- Effective communication skills, and excellent written and verbal capability.
- Significant management/leadership skills.
- Strong organisational, delegation and interpersonal skills.