P&O Maritime is a diverse global company in the marine transport sector delivering innovative and sustainable solutions in partnership with our customers. With a strong focus on business growth and excellence, P&O’s operations span Australasia, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The Technical Superintendent will be responsible for Technical Management for Research Vessels and all aspects of Marine Engineering standards and policy, planned maintenance system, repair, alterations, upkeep, refit of vessels, dry docks having regard for the client’s public image and functions, providing end-to-end technical and engineering support services delivering as required to both internal and external requests.
The incumbent will also develop and provide guidance on new technologies that could be utilised in fleet vessels, provide cover during leave or other periods of absence by the Business Unit General Manager and to manage and liaise with Nets/Gear Manager on all aspects of workshop and equipment storage / deployment.
Reporting to the General Manager – UK Business Unit.
To be considered for this position, the candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- A Class I Chief Engineer certificate of competency with minimum 5 years of recent experience
- Previous 2 years’ experience in marine technical fleet management
- Knowledge of diesel electric machinery/propulsion.
- Good project planning, costing, budgeting skills.
- Preparation of dry-docking specifications
- Experience with electronic planned maintenance systems
- Control of technical purchasing
- Strong and sound knowledge of ISPS, ISM, Flag State and Classifications Society procedures and regulations
- Excellent communication and people management skills.
- Involvement with new building projects
- Business/management qualifications would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook is essential.
- Knowledge in other MS Office package such as Power Point, Project and CAD would be an advantage
The employment benefits package is reflective of the market and location. A competitive salary package commensurate with the successful applicant's skills and experience will be offered.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 13th July 2018