Red Funnel is the original Isle of Wight ferry company with a history spanning 150 years. Today, we’re a modern, integrated transport, travel and leisure company carrying over 3 million passengers and freight every year, between Southampton and the Isle of Wight.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Chief Officer to join us, working onboard our High-Speed vessels. As part of a dynamic and professional team, your focus will be on ensuring that our vessels are operated in a safe and efficient manner.
You will have the chance to continuously utilise your skill set as we operate in one of the busiest stretches of water in the world, supported by a vibrant on-board culture and great customers. We are an organisation with a long and prestigious history and you will be part of an extremely supportive crew with a wide range of knowledge and experience.
Hours are averaged at 41 per week, working on a rostered shift system covering a 20-hour operation, over 7 days a week. Accommodation isn’t available on-board, so it’s key that you reside within a commutable distance from our Southampton terminals.
In return for the skills and experience you bring to the role, we offer a great work life balance for you where you get to do the job you love and still go home and see your family and friends after every shift. We also have a fantastic working environment, the opportunity to professionally develop and a range of great benefits, all packed into a culture which cares greatly about our customers and colleagues.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Ideally a UK Certificate of Competency (CoC) Masters certificate, however other certificates will be considered.
- Ideally Command experience of a High Speed vessel, however any High Speed craft experience will be considered.
- A willingness to study for local PEC’s issued by the Competent Harbour Authorities.
- Valid medical certificate (ENG1).
- The ability to plan and organise effectively, ensuring communication is consistently provided across the operation.
- The confidence to make decisions as and when required, with strong leadership skills.
- A drive and determination to achieve the highest level of care, safety and customer service.