Marine Service Engineer
Location: can be based anywhere, ideally with easy access to a major international airport. We have centres in Andover, Lincoln and Newcastle.
Simplex-Turbulo Co Ltd is a global company which supports the marine and power generation industries. This is a dynamic, growing and independent company which prides itself on the quality of its components and service.
- Services and commissions sterntube seals
- Carries out commissioning and service work for other STC principals
- Liaises with the customer (yard or vessel) and internally – is a good ambassador for the company
- On completion of a job, would carry out careful tests, and produce a professional written electronic report on work carried out
- Is available throughout the year, 24/7, to work anywhere in the world – significant travel is required
- Reports to the service manager
- Accredited training provided
- A good, basic understanding of propulsion systems
- A good, basic understanding of electrical systems
- A flexible approach - this job requires people to be happy to travel anywhere, to be able to work in different cultures and countries, and also to work unsociable hours.
- Attention to detail and intelligent problem solving – the sterntube seal is a key component of a vessel, and its failure can result in significant claims.
- Previous experience in seals service, bonding and shaftlines would be an advantage
- Previous experience in a field service, customer-facing role would be an advantage
How to apply
For more details, and how to apply please contact: Clare Hogg, HR Director on email@example.com
Apply for Marine Service Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly