Robert Wynn and Sons Ltd. is a specialist shipping company that provides their clients with marine solutions for the transportation of heavy and/or abnormal loads. Robert Wynn and Sons operates 2 vessels Terra Marique and Inland Navigator.
Terra Marique is a Lloyds classed barge. Her design combines state-of-the-art technology with traditional marine and heavy transport engineering.
The vessel is powered by two 670kv Caterpillar engines, and her 1200 tonne hydraulic roadway and ballast system allow cargoes to be offloaded on varying quay heights, riverbanks and beaches. She is towed and unmanned at sea between ports but for berthing and operating on inland waterways, she is manned, and her 4 azimuth thrusters make her highly manoeuvrable.
Inland Navigator, a former inland tanker barge, converted to carry abnormal indivisible loads of up to 300te.
The Post - The Operations Engineer is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the “Terra Marique” and “Inland Navigator”. This involves: -
• Operating the vessels, in accordance with the Ships Management System, ensuring safe and effective working practices are developed and implemented in accordance with the ethos and reputation of the Wynns Group
• Maintaining, fault-finding and repairing the vessels engines, propulsion system, generators, pumps, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrics and navigation equipment.
The Candidate - Must be qualified to a minimum HNC level with experience in electrical system maintenance. In addition, the successful candidate must have experience in fault-finding and repairing of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems. The position will require the successful candidate to be UK based and have a willingness to work away from home, mainly within the UK though occasionally in Europe.
Responsibilities - The Operations Engineer will be responsible to the Chief Engineer and supported by the General Manager in respect of statutory requirements, class and administration.
These responsibilities include: -
• The safe operation of the vessels, crew and associated equipment.
• The operation of all machinery and systems on board our vessels.
• To execute the Planned Maintenance System. Competence to undertake maintenance and repair, and ability to manage contractors to undertake such tasks.
• The supervision and management of Crew.
• To assist the General Manager with the preparation of project plans including method statements and risk assessments.
• Implementation of the Safety Management System.
• Be proficient in the operation of all ship-borne equipment and be fully familiar with the normal and failure modes of machinery operation.
• Fault finding and repair of vessels systems.
• Maintain both vessels in accordance with the Planned Maintenance System.
• Liaise with the Loadmaster in the loading and unloading of the vessels.
• Competitive salary and leave package
• Hotel accommodation (single occupancy) and food when away
• Provision of company van for business travel
For further information and details of how to apply please visit www.robertwynnandsons.co.uk/jobs - Click Apply